Imagine their reaction when they’re given the good news
Open a Junior ISA with us and give your children a great start in life, and help them achieve their hopes and dreams.
Our Junior ISA is a savings initiative designed to allow adults to save on behalf of a child, and is available to those without a Child Trust Fund (CTF). A lump sum pay-out when they reach 18 could open up a range of opportunities from helping with university fees, a gap year, or a car.Find out more and Apply
Why choose a Junior ISA with Forester Life?
The Children’s Mutual is part of Foresters, a mutual organisation, looking after their members and children for over 140 years.
Our Junior ISA is designed to be a straightforward and flexible way to invest for your child’s future. Not only do we offer you our experience, financial strength and reliability, we also offer the expertise of Schroders – one of the world’s leading independent investment managers.
Your savings will be balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders, giving the potential for a good balanced return. Don’t forget that the value can fall as well as rise. So, whether you want to transfer your existing Junior ISA, set up a new one or even transfer a Child Trust Fund to us, we could be the choice for you.
If your child doesn’t need the money when they reach 18, the plan will automatically roll over into an Adult ISA.
Features of our Junior ISA include:
- Professionally managed by Schroders – Your savings are balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders.
- Flexible Savings – Save as little as £10 a month, make single contributions – or both; up to £4,080 this financial year.
- Clear, low capped charges – Unlike some other providers, we don’t charge entry, exit or transfer fees.
- Manage your account online – View and add contributions at any time. Your family and friends can also contribute – it makes a great gift.
- Keeping up with inflation – We can automatically increase the amount of your regular savings each year to help your contributions keep pace with inflation
Take a look at the illustrations below to get an estimated fund value so you can see what could be available in the future.
The table indicates what monthly or single contributions could be worth in years to come, assuming an annual investment growth rate of 5% and an annual management charge of 1%. Automatic increases in monthly payments of 2.5% per annum to keep pace with inflation are also assumed, where possible.
|Monthly Amount||Final Monthly amount (after automatic increases)||Value after 18 years|
|Single Amount||Fund Value After 18 years|
*The Government has announced that the maximum Junior ISA limit will rise in line with the Consumer Price Index, assumed to increase by 2% pa.
The Forester Life Junior ISA is a stakeholder account and as such meets the standard for capped charges. Every year we send a statement showing the value of the plan.
- These figures are only examples and are not guaranteed. The actual value could be more or less than shown, and could be less than has been paid in. What you will get back depends on how much the investment grows and on the tax treatment of the investment.
- Inflation would reduce what you could buy in the future.
- These illustrated figures should be studied in conjunction with the Key Features of the Forester Life Junior ISA.
- These figures assume contributions and investment over 18 years. Top-ups to existing plans will be invested for a shorter period depending on the age of the child at the time.
- All payments are locked into the Plan until the child’s 18th birthday and cannot be reclaimed by the donor(s).
Transfer to us
Transfering a Junior ISA to us is simple. Find out more about how to transfer your Junior ISA to us.Transfer a Junior ISA