Here you’ll find some questions and answers on the Child Trust Fund (CTF). Just click on the question to reveal the answer.
Existing Child Trust Funds will continue to run as normal. This means that:
- It will continue to benefit from tax efficient investment.
- Up to £4,080 a year overall can be contributed by family and friends. This limit runs from your child’s birthday to birthday.
- Your child can only have a CTF or a Junior ISA, they are not entitled to have one of each.
From April 2013, this amount will be updated each year in line with the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) and will continue to be aligned with the Junior ISA limit.
- The CTF will continue to run until your child’s 18th birthday.
From 6th April 2015 those with a Child Trust Fund (CTF) may transfer to a Junior ISA (JISA) should they wish to do so.
To find out the latest information on transferring your Child Trust Fund (CTF) to a Junior ISA:
Please fill in the new details it and post it to us at:
The Children’s Mutual
PO Box 1137
No stamp is required.
- The value of your child’s CTF account at the start of the current year
- Any Government contributions received during the year
- Contributions from family and friends received during the year
- The value of the account at the end of the year, after the charges have been taken.
This will help you to keep track of any payments made and check on the account’s progress.